For many years, pluma cubic has designed lamps that have a timeless elegance; clearly defined and sculptural in form. Our lamps combine the simplicity of minimalism with extravagant luxuriance. These unique, hand-made creations have been made for many years are sold worldwide.
Our lamps are made up of carefully selected long goose quill and colorful rooster feathers and attached by hand to a cloth-covered steel lampshade by our dedicated Berlin craftspeople. Through our direct supervision of the production facilities the high quality of every pluma cubic lamp is guaranteed and pluma cubic is able to offer custom-made products and also bespoke installation solutions. Due to a feather’s natural flexibility and self-cleaning / dirt-repellent properties (known as the lotus effect), our products have astonishing longevity and hold their beauty for may years.
pluma cubic lamps find homes in both public and private spaces. Clients and exhibits include museums, restaurants and hotels, notably the Lufthansa VIP lounge at Munich airport, Moss Gallery, New York, Marta-Herford Museum, Herford, and the Metropolitan Design Center, Buenos Aires.
pluma cubic ‘s long-term and fair-minded relationships with craftspeople, manufacturers and technicians, as well as with dealers and architects, ensure our products are created with longevity and to the highest quality.
Heike Buchfelder founded the label pluma cubic in 2005. She studied architecture at the University of the Arts Berlin and at the Oslo School of Architecture. Today her design collection is distributed internationally.
• During Light & Building, Luminale – Exhibition at Arclinea Shop, Frankfurt 2016
• Salone del Mobile at the Euro Luce, Milan 2015
• Light and Building, Frankfurt 2014
• Design Festival Berlin, Berlin 2013
• Super Brands Gallery, Tent London, London 2012
• Exhibition “Instant Stories Berlin”, Design Festival Berlin, Berlin 2012
• Exhibition “Instant Stories Berlin”, DMY Berlin at Ventura Lambrate, Mailand 2012
• Ventura LAB, Ventura Lambrate, Salone Internationale del Mobile, Mailand 2012
• Living Rooms by Schöner Wohnen „The Black Bath“ IMM Cologne, Cologne 2012
• Next Generation Tradeshow, Qubique Berlin, Berlin 2011
• IMM Cologne, Köln 2011
• Exhibition “Overseas Design Industry Exhibition”, Seoul Design Fair, Seoul 2010
• Exhibition “Made in Berlin”, Design Festival Berlin, Berlin 2008
• Exhibition “Made in Berlin”, Salone Internazionale del Mobile, Milano 2008
• “Creative Spree”, Shanghai International Creative Industry Week (SICIW), Shanghai 2007
• Tokyo Designers Week, Tokyo 2007
• “Best of Berlin: Product Design from Berlin” RED, Moskow 2006
• International Home and Furniture Exhibition, Neue Räume, Zürich 2005
• Salone Internazionale del Mobile, SaloneSatellite, Milano 2005
• Stylepark, IMM Cologne 2005
• Luminale, Frankfurt 2004
• Designmai Berlin, Berlin 2004
• Exhibition “Lights by Young Designers”, Blickfang, Stuttgart 2004
• During Design Miami Basel, „Aus Berlin“, DMY in cooperation with Gallery Diet Miami, Miami 2012
• Centro Metropolitano de Diseño (Metropolitan Design Centre) “Material Issues”, Buenos Aires 2009
• Marta Herford Museum, “Nullpunkt. Nieuwe German Gestaltung”, Herford 2009
• Temporäre Kunsthalle Berlin, “20 Years of the Creative Metropolis of Berlin”, Berlin 2009
• Draywalk Gallery, 100% Design Festival London, “20 Years of the Creative Metropolis of Berlin”, London 2008
• Moss Gallery, Exhibition with Claudy Jongstra, New York 2005
• Gallery-Laden V-17, “Design in 3 Scenes – Light and Feathers”, Berlin 2003
• Moderne Wohnaccessoires, 100 Jahre Design, Publisher h.f. ullmann, 2012
• Das Design Buch Berlin, 2011/2012, Zitty Berlin
• Nullpunkt. Nieuwe German Gestaltung, edited by Max Borka, Marta Herford, Publisher Kerber Art, 2009
• Downtown Chic, by Courtney and Bob Novogratz, Publisher Rizzoli International Publications, 2009
• Berlin Design, Publisher Braun 2009